Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Who am I?

I've always wanted to start a blog, but I never thought I had much to say. I'm 17 years old, after all, and there's still so much for me to learn - what could I possibly have to say that people might be interested to hear? But, then I thought about the blogs I like to read. They're all about people's life experiences, what they learned from them, and how other people can use this.

Maybe this won't teach you anything - maybe you'll just find it interesting. Either one works for me;)

I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Bethany Dickey (shocker). This is my Twitter bio:

17. Accounting student , Co-President @EnactusAcadia, Ambassador for , and compulsive shopper. The harder you work, the luckier you get.

It took me forever to try to sum myself up in however many characters you're allotted. If I could have more room, I would add something about:
  • My addiction to reading
  • My role models (Arlene Dickinson, Amanda Lang, Oprah, etc...)
  • My presidency in the Acadia Children's Wish Society
  • The fact that I'm entering my second year of study, and
  • My career aspirations (social entrepreneur, CPA designation, change-maker)
There's so much that I always want to say (I'm one of those people) that I thought a blog could be a perfect outlet. I'm hoping to write posts about female empowerment/women in business, student life, social entrepreneurship....and whatever strikes my fancy.

Please leave comments or feel free to email me at any time: bethanydickey@gmail.com

Have a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment